Supervisor: Éva Ács
e-mail: acs.eva [at] okologia.mta.hu
The aim of the research is to quantify the changes in the amount, composition, structure and
functional diversity of the phytoplankton in the River Danube on the scale of decades in
relation to climatic and anthropogenic effects, to analyse the responses of the communities to
these effects and the speed of the responses. We will deal specifically with the region of
Szigetköz also known as the inner delta of the River Danube where we analyse the changes in
the functional diversity in the aspect of the anthropogenic interventions.
The post-doc applicant should participate in the evaluation of the data, and she/he should
prepare at least one manuscript from the results, and submit it into a high quality journal.
Criteria for the applicants:
- Work experience outside Hungary for at least two years as a researcher (0.5 contract
or more) or doctoral studies during the last three years;
- Stay and work in the MTA Centre for Ecological Research, GINOP Sustainable
- Excellent written English;
- Experience related to algal ecology and riverine ecology;
- Good skills in statistical analysis using R environment;
- Experience in scientific publishing in the field of ecology.
Starting Job: 1st September 2019 (optionally later)
Contract duration: minimum 3 months, maximum 12 months (latest possible end of
employment is 31th August 2020)
Jobs Hours: Full time
Salary: up to 600 000 HUF/months (depending on the applicant’s experience)
Application deadline: 15th July 2019
Please send the following documents (all in one PDF file) by by e-mail to the Supervisor:
- For EU candidates: Copy of your national ID card or of your passport page where your
photo is printed.
For non-EU candidates: Copy of your passport page where your photo is printed.
- Curriculum Vitae (may include hyperlinks to your ResearchID, Research Gate, Google
- Detailed list of publications (may include hyperlinks to DOI of publications).
- Letter of motivation relatively to the position (Cover Letter) in which applicants (i)
describe themselves and the planed duration of the contract (ii) their contributions to previous
research projects (maximum 2 pages)
- Copy of your PhD degree if already available.
- Coordinates of reference persons (maximum 3, at least your PhD supervisor):
Title, Name, organization, e-mail.
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact the supervisors